The Lord Jesus Christ – Part 1E.W. Bullinger
These examples are only a shadow of how Christ is shown in each of the Old Testament books of the Bible. Let the student continue to find other types and shadows of Christ in his own studies.
1. We understand the record of creation. We see it’s
counterpart in our new creation in Christ Jesus.
2. In the light that shines out of darkness, the believers
see the light which as shown “in our hearts to give the
knowledge of the glory of God in the person of Jesus
Christ. (2 Cor.4:6)
3. In the Creator, we shall see Christ (John 1:3, Col.1:16)
4. In the first Adam, we shall see the second Adam. In the
first man we shall see the second man. 1Cor.15:45,
5. In Isaac we shall see Christ the true seed of Abraham.
(Rom.9:7, Gal 3:16)
6. In Joseph of whom the question was asked. “Shalt thou
indeed rule over us?”, we see Him of whom His brethren
afterwards said, “We will not have this man rule over us”
7. In the “seed of the woman”, we shall see the coming
son of Abraham, the Son of David, the Son of man, the
Son of God. 8. In Abraham’s shield, we shall see the Living
Word, coming, speaking, and revealing Himself to him. (Gen.
15:1, John 8:56)
1. Exodus tells of the suffering and glory of Moses, as Genesis
does of Joseph, and in both we see a type of the sufferings and
glory of Christ.
2. Exodus tells also of Christ, the true Pashal Lamb (1Cor.5:7,8) as
the true Priest, (Ex.30:10, Heb.5:9) and the true Tabernacle which
the Lord pitched and not men (Heb.9).
Gives us, in the offerings, a fourfold view of the Death of Christ
as the Gospels (Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John), give us a fourfold
view of His life.